The SAOCA Forum  

Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > Sunbeam Alpine Forums > Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013
Second Gear

Default Tiger Roll Bar Trade????

I recently acquired a sunbeam alpine and the previous owner was thinking about making a tiger clone out of it but decided to get out of the project, anyway when I got the car I also got a roll bar, which he said was out of tiger from southern cal...The bar is not welded or bolted to the car....I like the bar but would like to get other more original parts like a soft top, tanneau cover, or hard top...I would trade the bar for a hard top or a soft top with a tanneau cover...I would like ones that in good condition...don't have to be new...I don't know what the value of the bar is so I don't know if this is a ridiculous trade either way but I am sure you guys will let me know.... Just trying to get creative in finding parts.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-16-2013
Overdrive!

Keep in mind the roll bars value is probably around $200 to $250.
They are also very tough to ship.
Hard tops, particularly for SIII to SV are worth quite a bit more than the roll bar will be. Soft top frames are cheap and plentiful, but then you need the top itself and possibly trim pieces you may lack.

You dont say what year your car is, this is extremely relevant for top parts.

If you ever plan to put a roll bar in the car, keep what you have and save a ton of future money.
Old 09-16-2013
Second Gear

Thanks for the feedback...I tried to find a value and to have one made you would spend at least 5 to 6 hundred for a street bar...thats how I came up with my trade value.

The car is a 1967 Alpine and the roll bar is very nice with bases that fit the car even fit around the battery box. I was told this bar would fit under the soft top and hard top.

Eric
Old 09-16-2013
Second Gear

Sorry forgot to address shipping...It would be too expensive to ship this item but could meet you in Sacramento or Reno areas
Old 09-16-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline_eric View Post
Thanks for the feedback...I tried to find a value and to have one made you would spend at least 5 to 6 hundred for a street bar...thats how I came up with my trade value.

The car is a 1967 Alpine and the roll bar is very nice with bases that fit the car even fit around the battery box. I was told this bar would fit under the soft top and hard top.

Eric
Based on your description, this sounds like the Autopower Industries street bar aka the Sunbeam Specialties show bar.
Old 09-16-2013
Second Gear

I don't know who the manufacturer is but I looked at Autopower and it doesn't quite look like the ones on their site...unless it is a older design. Here are some pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rb1.jpg (30.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg rb2.jpg (31.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg rb3.jpg (28.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-16-2013
Overdrive!

Looks just like my autopower bar.

Looks like yours is bent on the thin bar where the pad is mounted.
Old 09-16-2013
Platinum Level Sponsor

Default Roll bar etc.

Just for reference pricewise, Sunbeam Specialties has new soft tops @ $297 and new tonneau covers @ $279. A professional convertible top shop charged me $400 to install my soft top. Those items, used, would be subject to condition and a negotiated price with the seller. My suggestion would be to go with the new items. I think you would be much happier in the long run. By the way, I have never used my tonneau cover. I put it on once to see if it fit properly ( it did ). If you are interested in a tonneau, you could have mine for a smokin' deal. It is the one with a zipper down the middle so you can close off one side if you wish. $100 plus shipping cost. I have no plans to ever use it.
Old 09-16-2013
Overdrive!

Catus,

That's a very good price for someone needing one! I'd buy except I bought one during the April Invasion.
'67 SV ST 86 V6 in work
'67 SV ST 106 Restored
'63 P1800 Volvo
Old 09-16-2013
SAOCA Vice President

Jim,

If he doesn't want the tonneau I'll buy it for that. Mine is set for one but it didn't come with the car.