The SAOCA Forum  

Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > Sunbeam Alpine Forums > Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 1 Week Ago
First Gear

Default 1966 SV Asking $21,500.

I am selling my 1966 Sunbeam Alpine. For many years, it has been in long term display at the Pate Museum of Transportation. Since then I have been diligently and happily keeping this car as original as possible while still making it look and run correctly.

I have a great record of the work I have had done. This includes such things as
Brakes (Servo rebuilt by White Post Restorations)
Carburetor
Rocker Arms rebuilt by Rocker Arms Unlimited
Many parts are from Sunbeam Specialties. Many other parts are from the kind help of enthusiasts.
Seats, carpet, convertible top, interior panels and the like have been replaced new and appropriate.
Sound deadener and heat resistant materials were placed beneath the carpet.
The exterior was taken to metal and the received a beautiful paint job that gathers many complements.
New tires were installed. It has new windshield from Pilkington Glass.
The radiator has a new core allowing the car to run cool even in the Texas summer.
It comes with a tonneau cover, and a great tool set that I received with the car (see photos).
I have all the important parts that came off the car.
The instruments were fully rebuilt by Mo-Ma Manufacturing and look like the just came from the factory.
Chrome work by Ogden Chrome.

It is located in Grapevine, Texas.
I have photos posted at: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/1951989.html or I can email excellent photos to you.

This car is ready to drive, show and get more awards.
Old 1 Week Ago
Third Gear

I don't know. Shooting for original...rubber mats, Lighter, valve cover, wheel color, horn ring flat black, gas tank color, overdrive, 11 posts in this friendly crowd, $22 seems a bit rich. But what do I know.
Old 1 Week Ago
Gold Level Sponsor

John, I don't understand your comments. The car is pretty original, in the context of making it run well. Sure there are few areas that miss for someone really trying to make it as close as "Factory Original" as possible, but I don't think that's what Buffalo intended or described. Not sure what you mean by the "Overdrive" comment. By VIN # it did not have one and from the photos I don't think it has one. And yes, 22K may be high, but compared to the cost of buying a "driver" and getting it to this level, it's about right (assuming it's as sound mechanically is it looks).

Tom
Old 1 Week Ago
Third Gear

If paint on the gas cans...if this car gets $22, then excuse me.
Old 1 Week Ago
Gold Level Sponsor

John, I agree, highly unlikely to get 22. But I can also see the logic of asking for 22. How much would you have to spend if you took a $3k-4 K "driver" and redid the body, with outstanding paint, new interior, and all that has been done to this car? (again, assuming the mechanicals are excellent as well) . Most likely you would not have made the same mistakes you point out, but those are easily corrected.

And, John, what do you mean by your "overdrive" comment.

Best regards,

Tom
Old 1 Week Ago
Third Gear

This is a nice car no doubt regardless of trunk piant job and other things. For $22, and living with other mods, like color coded gas cans, I'd want an overdrive regardless of the lack of "OD" on the ID plate. And trunk panels. Not a comment about originally, Tom. Sorry for the confusion there.
Old 1 Week Ago
Gold Level Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W View Post
If paint on the gas cans...if this car gets $22, then excuse me.
I was confused also. You lost me in the "11 posts" thing. Someone can ask whatever they feel thier car is worth, and people can make offers.
Old 1 Week Ago
Third Gear

I am familiar with this car and can confidently say it is as nice as advertised. I can also say that I am disappointed to learn that the owner is selling it.
Old 6 Days Ago
Third Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Scofield View Post
I was confused also. You lost me in the "11 posts" thing. Someone can ask whatever they feel thier car is worth, and people can make offers.
Thank your for your critique. I agree. Should have just said..."$22! Alpine prices taken off." Any they probably won't be back.

My apologies to the owner.
Old 6 Days Ago
Third Gear

Better to eat crow all at one time. This is the least expensive Alpine on Hemmings.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/1951989.html