The SAOCA Forum  

Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > SAOCA Club Forums > SAOCA Regional Chapter News > Greater Atlanta Chapter
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 3 Hours Ago
Second Gear

You can see the scrape marks on the barrier (middle of pic going back).
BTW I know George didn't make it either, how many sunbeams were there?

Old 55 Minutes Ago
SAOCA Treasurer

Default I kept looking for you Folks to show up.

John, I kept looking for you and your wife to show. Knew Doug and you'll were travelling together.

Eric G and I arrived mid morning, took a quick inventory of the cars on sight, yours and Doug's were not there. Didn't see George's either.

AS the time went by, I took another good look see... No Red or White from NC... Then the word came of the accident. Bad news! My prayer was that you would be safe. Then the good news that no one was killed just shook up a bit.

At first glance, Looking at the car and the way it was hit in the side is incredible that it did not flip over, and the truck run over the car.

Looking again, you can perhaps see why that did not happen, the front of the truck (bumper) stuck into the two spots of the car that were "soft" enough to keep an upper motion of the car from riding up and flipping.

With the car still on hard smooth surface allowed the truck to push you, had you been in an area of the divided highway without the barrier, and onto soft dirt it could have been total disaster.

Praise the Lord for your protection,

DanR
Old 32 Minutes Ago
Third Gear

Default Crash Test

Wow, and the excuse is always " I did not see you,".

In a recent Tiger Tracks they had a crash test front barrier. It was hard to look at. I don't recall the FMVSS standards but recall many of the phased in changes as they became easy to spot in VW's. They seem rather durable despite the 67 and standards not being met. I'm guessing Chrysler really was too disinterested to add them.