The SAOCA Forum  
Old 07-15-2017
Gold Level Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjordan2 View Post
When I start adding it up, and I quit adding a long time ago, $8500.00 with a little negotiation seems real reasonable to me. If I had it to start over again, I certainly wouldn't have bought this $1800.00 car and spent 10x's that fixing it. That's just me though. I'm a sucker for the "junkyard" cars.
Good luck with your search.
Exactly........but someone who hasn't done a "small" Sunbeam Specialties order and been thrown back in their chair when it's all of a sudden $800. When the box arrives and you see what you really got you're like.....damn!

And that's just the start......

I'll sell you my Seires III for $25,000
Old 07-15-2017
Gold Level Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W View Post
The KC Series IV comes with "pickup bed" of parts and set of minilites. Wires. Pipe trimed seats. Beautiful. And on craigslist! lol. Appears nothing to do but drive. Can't imagine the owner would dicker much. If I were at his house to possibly buy, first words I'd say would be "wish it was a Series V."
And his might be "people in hell wish it was cooler".

😀
Old 07-15-2017
First Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Scofield View Post
I thought you said your budget was 5-7k?
In my head that's $1500?
I was splitting the 5-7k at 6k and subtracting, but it is a nice car. I'm not a fan of the piping on the seats and I would have them redone with stock upholstery. I'm still waiting for the right car for me.
Old 07-15-2017
Gold Level Sponsor

The piping was stock on most cars until Series V. And some after that. Last series with the aerodynamic soft to cover! After that, all down hill! ��
Old 07-16-2017
Fourth Gear

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...153791272.html

The Granby SV Looks ok, I guess. Engine is rebuilt, so it says. Color Looks a bit off. Certainly priced right. Rust word comes to mind where it's at. Green is also my preferred color, but also preferred is matching color code, or at minimum matched to something known correct, like a Jan disk.
Old 07-16-2017
Fourth Gear

Ignore above post. Granby SV already discussed. Got to quit posting late at night.
Old 07-16-2017
Overdrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Scofield View Post

I'll sell you my Seires III for $25,000
I mean what im about to say... If you wanted a great driving car that you can take to shows and be a crowd puller... It would be cheaper to take the 7k borrow another 18k from a credit union and buy pauls car per that offer ... Long term it would be cheaper than a 7k car.. You get enough rare options to add another 5k to a restoration cost alone.. And you get to enjoy it immediately.

Not sure what the interest on a loan in the states is.. But i bet it makes more sense and smiles per mile to buy pauls .... Only issue is no soft top... But hey.. Nothing's perfect!
Old 07-16-2017
Gold Level Sponsor

Thank Mike!
Yes, it's actually "kind of" for sale. I just haven't advertised. Had it Atomic Motors here in Vegas for a few months because it was free storage while I parted out another car. Wasn't that serious then, and they put a serious commission on it.

When it suppose to happen, I suppose it will. But no, you couldn't restore my Series III GT for the price. Heck, $6500 would only get you the ProPrep interior!

Last edited by P. Scofield : 07-16-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-26-2017
Third Gear

Are you still looking for a series V.

One just came up on Craigs in Seattle. I came through the Portland craigs to me. I am not connected to the car or the owner in any way and know nothing beyond what the ad says.
White 67 $3000.

Good hunting