Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > SAOCA Club Forums > Sunbeam Invasion Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Gold Level Sponsor

You got 2nd in the Personalized Alpine... congrats Dan
Old 4 Weeks Ago
SAOCA Treasurer

Thanks for the compliment Steve!

To have won 2nd against that Green Beauty of Sy's makes me real proud.

Bragg'n a bit, I did not get to clean the Commodore Blue V6 up after the trip from SC to VA, just wiped the dew off each morning before the start of the day.

Would you believe they (the Judges) checked to see if the door and trunks locks worked?? Yep! Sure did! Mine worked like a champ for several years and even that morning I used the key to unlock all locks easily, BUt when the Judges asked for me to lock and unlock them the Drivers door would not lock

Immediately as they were walking away, I was able easy as pie to lock and unlock them

I'll have to kid Sy that his beautiful Sunbeam beat me out of 1st Place by a lock

Seriously, If you have not seen his Alpine up close, make a point to browse around the first chance you get. Nice is hardly a good word.

DanR

P.S. Being the only V6 there drew a lot of attention. People took in the A/C with keen interest too! Sold a couple of my Conversions and one Electrical Power Steering units. You should have been there! Alan's Tiger ran well on the trip.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Gold Level Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
Thanks for the compliment Steve!

To have won 2nd against that Green Beauty of Sy's makes me real proud.

Bragg'n a bit, I did not get to clean the Commodore Blue V6 up after the trip from SC to VA, just wiped the dew off each morning before the start of the day.

Would you believe they (the Judges) checked to see if the door and trunks locks worked?? Yep! Sure did! Mine worked like a champ for several years and even that morning I used the key to unlock all locks easily, BUt when the Judges asked for me to lock and unlock them the Drivers door would not lock

Immediately as they were walking away, I was able easy as pie to lock and unlock them

I'll have to kid Sy that his beautiful Sunbeam beat me out of 1st Place by a lock

Seriously, If you have not seen his Alpine up close, make a point to browse around the first chance you get. Nice is hardly a good word.

DanR

P.S. Being the only V6 there drew a lot of attention. People took in the A/C with keen interest too! Sold a couple of my Conversions and one Electrical Power Steering units. You should have been there! Alan's Tiger ran well on the trip.
Dan,
They also check to see that the console lock works. I'm sure you noticed the average age of the group. A/C and power steering are important things. I guess we'll see you on Long Island next year?