The SAOCA Forum  

Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > Non Alpine Related Topics > General Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2017
Fourth Gear

Default Looking for Cal Attorney for Lemon Law (Jaguar)

We have had a bunch of electrical issues with our 2012 Jaguar XF that is still under warranty. So much so that the car has been in the shop for 55 days in less than 2 years. We have demanded that they buy it back under the lemon law. So far, they have only offered $3,000.

FWIW, the straw that broke the camel's back is that a few weeks ago, Jaguar sent us a letter that the car has a Takata airbag and that driving the car, if we were in an accident, "could cause serious injury or death." And, they won't have a replacement until September.

They refuse to give us a loaner car. On the phone, they said it is safe to drive. I told them that obviously their attorneys felt it important enough to warn us. They can't have it both ways.

They tried to say it was Takata, not them. I of course told them they get lots of parts from other suppliers. They don't get to pass the buck, and are fully responsible.

I went on the NHTSA web site to learn that 11 people have died from these air bags and 300 people have been seriously injured. There is even a quote from the head of the US DOT that the cars should not be driven, and the only place people should be driving these cars is to the dealer for a new airbag.

I have of course pointed all of these things out to Jaguar - and said I could not see how they could expect us to drive a car they just told us in writing could cause serious injury or death.

Thanks for any attorney references.

Jay

Oak Park, California
Sunbeaming for 34 years and counting
1967/63 Sunbeam Alpine, Holbay plus more
1965 Sunbeam Tiger
Old 04-18-2017
Gold Level Sponsor

Default Lemon

Jay,
Here in Ohio the Lemon law only pertains to a car that is less than one year old or has less than 18000 miles .Whichever comes first. Some states have a Lemon Law that states 18 months or 18000 miles. Again whichever comes first. I was involved in one of these situations with one of the cars in our company fleet. As fleet manager I had to provide a lot of documentation showing maintenance , repairs ,etc. Good luck!