The SAOCA Forum  
Old 06-27-2015
First Gear

Default badges and clutch

my Dad and I were just discussing chrystler badges.. I bought a 67 Sunbeam about 10 years ago for him to replace the rodded out one my Brother destroyed of my Dads car

Anyway his original Alpine he bought brand new in 67 had a Chrystler emblem on the side panel but I have not seen any since. We discussed this at length and have picture it was purchased brand new zero miles and it came with it... Is this consistent?

If so where can I get one to match

Also I have mega question about Clutch... OMGsh I can not get the transmission to be freed up its about 2.5 inches freed but the bell housing hits the firewall and more specifically where the starter is bolted on whereas the reveal of the transmission will not let it release... Please any thoughts
Old 06-27-2015
Overdrive!

Talking

Ryan,

It might be better for you to start a new thread as this is about the reproduction of the Harrington alpine badges.

As to your question, all series V alpines had the Chrysler pentstar on 1 side towards the sill, there are several types available from various models, but only 1 correct for the late alpines/ tigers.

The clutch question should also be a separate thread.. And I'm a little confused by your comments the bell housing is hitting the firewall? Start a new thread in the factory alpine section and we can start to help
Old 06-27-2015
Gold Level Sponsor

Default badges

if your engine is mounted correctly on the front engine mounts and your bell housing is setting against the fire wall it's possible that you could have the bell housing and trans from the arrow range starting in 1968. the bell housing is several inches deeper than series alpines and on the starter sets in a different location.
Old 12-15-2015
Fourth Gear

UPDATE!!!

Sorry for the loooonng delay. Life gets in the way. Anyhoo...

I am dropping Clive's original fender badge off to the makers this week (1st weeks holiday in 12 months).

All things being equal I will have them back end of Jan/mid Feb.

Question is how many? I don't know so I'm gong to make 20 pairs. That should be enough for the next decade.

Those of you who showed an original interest will be offered first refusal obviously. If you've changed your mind due to the delay then no problem.

I'll keep you all posted

Oliver

fender old type.jpg
Old 03-15-2016
Fourth Gear

Default HA Fender badges

Hi to everyone that ordered,

At last I have received the remade wing badges and they are spot on. I hope you will agree? Please note, the old badge 'rim' colour was very faded almost to transparency so the makers (who have been doing this for years) calculated the original un-faded colour based on experience.

I will drop you all a line for your addresses in the next week or so or email me instead

I have a couple of pairs remaining which I'll put on ebay soon

Oliver

paired fenders.jpg
old.jpg

new.jpg

Last edited by Limey : 03-15-2016 at 09:00 AM.