The SAOCA Forum  

Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > Sunbeam Alpine Forums > Harrington Alpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2016
Fourth Gear

Default servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernd_st View Post
Took me years to find a used Clayton Dewandre Brake Servo but it's in need of a complete rebuild. Just if anybody still has a rebuild Kit lying around ��
Hi Bernd.

Paul Norton was impossible to pin down so I gave up after 4 years and a few emails back and forth (though he was my first choice).

I don't think anyone sells just the kits anymore because they are so rare and they also want you to pay them to refurb the unit rather than you do-it-yourself. That was my experience so I sent mine to the re-builders.

(These servos were used on early Land Rovers as well so a search of their forums might help)

Really helpful company

www.classic-spares.co.uk

ian at classic-spares.co.uk

Classic Spares
Fore Street
Kenton
Devon
England
EX6 8LF

Ihave a freshly rebuilt and re-sleeved CDW servo with a guarantee of workmanship certificate from them. I don't plan to fit my rebuilt unit anymore so PM me if interested.

Oliver

Last edited by Limey : 06-02-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-03-2016
Third Gear

Oliver,

tried a lot of Potential sources as well but none can help. I' m specifically annoyed about some guy in the trade who still has NOS but refused to part with it. That's a new experience for me in the normally nice Sunbeam followership. Anyway appreciate your Info and Links . Also thought to send him my unit for a complete rebuild but i f you have one will send you a PM at first...
Old 06-22-2016
Fourth Gear

Bernd, I do have an NOS kit, but need it to rebuild my unit. However, if you could use it to create reproduction or for reference, you are welcome to it. I probably won't get around to rebuilding it for a while anyway. (seat covers are in the mail, and that original carpet kit that Limey was referring to, was mine, so if you need that, just have him send it to you).

John Prittie ~ Napa, California
1962 Harrington Le Mans ~ HB 9109372
Old 06-29-2017
Third Gear

Update : Ultimately I found a nice Clayton Dewandre NOS servo in UK. Not really cheap but anyhow. Feel happy...