The SAOCA Forum  
Old 1 Week Ago
Alfred Pine Alfred Pine is offline
Second Gear
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Loveland Colorado
Posts: 45
Default Series V Hard top part

Alright I don't know what this is called but I need least one in better shape than the one I have. (Mine has all three bolts busted off in it)

It is the passenger side, chrome, slide in, connector with stud that fits into the chrome trunk hinges and holds the Hard top actually on the car from the back.

Let me know,
Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago
P. Scofield's Avatar
P. Scofield P. Scofield is offline
Gold Level Sponsor
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,473

That is called the "thing-a-ma-jig" that holds the hard top to the rear boot hinges.

If you have a decent machine shop in town, they should be able to tap those broken studs out. These thing-a-ma-jigs are solid brass and fairly easy to work with.

Don't think I have one but I'll look. Last ones I had I went through the same thing. Hard to get these free without breaking a couple off.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SAOCA 2017 Website powered by Subdreamer CMS & Designed by