The SAOCA Forum  

Go Back   The SAOCA Forum > Non Alpine Related Topics > Rootes Vehicles
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2016
Gold Level Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
If you mean the Alpine into Minx, it hasn't been my car for years. The current owner has managed to remove the Minx engine (I've got to get a few pics of the block with the rod hole). He hasn't got around to trying to fit the Alpine engine. After all it's only 2 or 3 years.
Hillman,

Sorry, I had you confused with the gent who installed the Ford engine in his Hillman when I posted. I apologize for any confusion my comment may have caused you.

Installing the Alpine engine in the Minx isn't a real big challenge. Use the Minx engine mounts and modify the exhaust double down pipes back and down to clear the cross member and floor pan (this is because the Minx mounts the engine a couple of inches forward of the Alpine location). I'm not sure how Z-S side draft carbs would work in the Minx, but the single or dual down draft options should not be a problem.

"Even if the majority agrees on an idiotic idea, it is still an idiotic idea." Sam Levenson

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him." Robert Heinlein