The SAOCA Forum  
Old 07-26-2017
First Gear

Default English 'How to' Alpine Videos

Hi All,

In case it is of any interest to you we have made a series of 'How to' videos covering how we have addressed a number of common Sunbeam Alpine problems. We don't claim to be professional mechanics and there will be other way to do these things, but the videos are a record of what we did and may help others who need to do the same.

If you want to see them you can go to the channel home page at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9b...3EjfBpUv2r9DVQ

Best Wishes,

Tim R
Old 07-26-2017
Bronze Donor

You did a great job on the front floors. They look great.
Jan
SAOCA member #8
http://janswerks.com/banner/jumpinjan_sig.JPG
Old 07-26-2017
First Gear

Thanks Jan,

We are trying to make a comprehensive set of videos that cover all manner of Alpine maintenance work. The hope is that it will be an invaluable and permanent resource for younger members who get an interest in these cars in the future but don't know how to look after them.
A picture really is worth a thousand words and the videos help people to visualise what needs to be done and how to do it.

Best Wishes,

Tim R
Old 07-27-2017
Gold Level Sponsor

I've watched your trans rebuild series and really appreciate your putting it up. I'm about to dig into mine and it will be a big help. Thanks.

The only comment I'd make is that it would be even better with audio describing any details, potential errors etc in each step being performed.

Thanks again,

Al
Old 07-27-2017
First Gear

Al,

We decided against audio as there are so many You Tube videos where the audio ends up being really, really, irritating!

Instead we put written instructions into the video (so people can pause the video and read or re-read them if they want) plus we also offer people detailed sequential instructions in PDF format for the more complicated jobs.

If club members want any sequential instructions they can E Mail me at TIM_RAYMOND@sky.com and I will happily send the PDF to them.

Best Wishes,

Tim R